Zombie Game.... DayZ / WarZ

Nerd chat

Moderator: ben306

Zombie Game.... DayZ / WarZ

Postby Tweedie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Well i know some of you lie the occasional zombie shit so i have been playing this game which TBH has kept me off BF3 for over a week and i don't think i will be going back to it any time soon....

The game is called "DayZ" and its a mod for ARMA 2 Combined Ops. You play a person in a "MMO" style game with upto 100 people on any server trying to survive in rural Russia in a map of over 225sq km, you have to battle to survive against other people and zombies a like and its hard because if you die. You start again, no saves no load in points nothing.

There isnt only two ways of dying (zombies and other people), you can actually starve to death, dehydrate, bleed to death, break you bones and not be able to get up unless someone gives you morphine (seems to be the cure for broken bones).

This game is epic if you want a survival "simulator" for the big zombie fan. It is good in a respect that it makes you think on your feet to survive in the game but it also makes you get some mad adrenalin rush's when you are fighting against people trying to survive.

I have been watching videos from the guy in the video below, tbh they are not for everyone and neither is the game but I am really starting to get this game for what it has to offer but this is just ALPHA testing. This game is not a real release yet but will be i think in the next 18 months due to the popularity, it has gone from less than 1k users to nearly 710,000 users in just over 1 month!!!

Well for some of you gamers that want to look into this you need to buy ARMA 2 from steam for £20 as this is a mod for that game ;)

Enjoy!!!!
Tweedie

Reputation point: 0

Re: Zombie Game....

Postby Teknobry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

Been following this for a while, i have refused to get it so far because i know i'll end up sinking hours into it which i don't have time for right now :lol:

Think us amazon has it on offer, works out around £13. Just put the code into steam to download.
Teknobry

Reputation point: 42

Postby Tweedie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

Mate your right in regards to how many hours you will sink into it. Its kind of like "Oh its 10pm, i will play for a few hours then go bed" a few hours later "OH SHIT ITS 4am"

Saying that it is a fucking awesome game.
Tweedie

Postby Hugh Jeers » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Hope it's released on PS3, sounds like MAG but better.
Hugh Jeers

Reputation point: -5

Postby Captain Meowmix » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I've just spent the last couple of hours watching the youtube vids from that guy. I'm very tempted!!

So it's £13 for Arma 2 then the mod is free?
Captain Meowmix

Reputation point: 30

Postby Captain Meowmix » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm up for it Tweedie if we can get a squad together (do you play with anyone)

Bry lets do it
Captain Meowmix

Postby Teknobry » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:32 am

No mate, you need to buy the expansion to arma 2, (operation arrowhead) the base game arma 2 can be had for free from arma2's website.

The free version has lower res textures and graphics, if you're bothered about getting the full version look for 'combined operations' which is arma 2 & operation arrowhead.

Once you have them just install the mod. Teamspeak/vent is a must!
Teknobry

Reputation point: 42

Postby simon justin nixon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:48 pm

That looks immense!!!
simon justin nixon

Reputation point: 15

Postby Captain Meowmix » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Cheers Bry

Mike you up for this?
Captain Meowmix

Postby simon justin nixon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Yeah could well be mate!
simon justin nixon

Reputation point: 15

Postby Captain Meowmix » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Right I'm downloading!

It would be cool if we could get a BTTOS team
Captain Meowmix

Postby Tweedie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:34 pm

RIGHT, if you guys are game for it we need to sort out TS and everything. I have everything sorted apart from the fact we need TS.

You need to download ARMA Combined Operations to be able to download the app but i will talk you through how to get the game as it is a pain other wise. You need to do it manually NOT through 6 loader liek they tell you as it patches the game TOO quickly and some of the main servers do not update in time.

I am currently playing with a few people but i am looking to move on soon as they dont llike playing technically and they just casual. I am more tactical and wanna get some good shit on the go and kill some peeps :D

You all up fior it?
Tweedie

Postby Tweedie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Do you want me to rent a MUMBLE server so we can talk and have comms or you lot really not going to be interested?!?
Tweedie

Postby Captain Meowmix » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 pm

So where's the best place to get Combined Ops? I'll d/l now. Whats the install / patch procedure?

As for playing tactical - yes 100%
Mic and talking - not yet as I dont have a headset. But I'll happily follow orders :fag:

Anyone want to state their strengths/weaknesses so we can figure out squad roles?

Me:

Strengths:
- Assault rifles
- Infiltration, stealth

Weaknesses:
- Sniping
Captain Meowmix

Postby Tweedie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Best place to get combined ops from is Steam fella. It was £20 but now i think when the sale has finished it will be £25 for both games.

I am good at anything but something i like to do the most on this game is snipe and be hidden. The biggest issue we will have is getting good QUIET weapons, if you wanna stay alive you HAVE to go silenced. If not everyone from anywhere on populated servers will come looking for you.

When you have got ARMA: CO downloaded and installed let me know and i will put up the directions to getting the mod downloaded and installed.
Tweedie

Next

Return to BTTOS.com - DayZ server