In car CCTV - Not many left

If you have anything for sale, advertise it here

Moderator: ben306

In car CCTV - Not many left

Postby CarlRsT » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi all been a while since posting on here and have no idea who is still on!

I am selling the blacksys in car cctv units for £100 plus p&p they are new in the box! E mail me on [email protected] or ring me on 07950487601

The BlackSys vehicle camera records everything a motorist sees and hears whilst driving. Fixed to a vehicle windscreen and powered from the cigarette jack like a Sat-Nav, BlackSys automatically records the driver’s view, as well as all audio data from inside the vehicle.

The BlackSys camera has wide dynamic range (WDR) functionality, producing high-quality, D1 resolution video images in even the most demanding lighting conditions, from bright sunshine through to almost total darkness. Its wide angle lens ensures the camera captures images that would also appear in the driver’s peripheral vision.

Up to eight hours of video and audio data can be recorded onto a single, removable, 4Gb micro-SD card fitted in the camera. This can be played back on any Windows PC. A GPS option for BlackSys will also link driver speed, location and Google map details to the corresponding video.

A G-Sensor feature detects any jolt or bump in the car, automatically recording 10 seconds before and after the event. An emergency button on the driver’s side of the BlackSys, when pressed, does the same. All events are tagged and archived for quick retrieval.

At just 100mm tall, 58mm wide and 29mm deep, BlackSys is a compact camera providing irrefutable evidence of driving behaviour and accidents. Some insurers are already offering reduced premiums for drivers using in car cameras.
Last edited by CarlRsT on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarlRsT

Reputation point: 0

Re: In car CCTV

Postby Andrei Chikatilo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Just thinking out loud here but maybe that 'automatically records all audio data from inside the vehicle' probably isn't going to be such a good idea when your passenger shouts 'Quick, run the brown bastard over'.
Andrei Chikatilo

Reputation point: 20

Postby Hugh Jeers » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 pm

A G-Sensor feature detects any jolt or bump in the car, automatically recording 10 seconds before and after the event.

Is it psychic too?
Hugh Jeers

Reputation point: -5

Postby Lostboy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:48 am

No it just has a G-Sensor feature and if it detects any jolt or bump in the car it will automatically record 10 seconds before and after the event, even though it is constantly recording :think:
Lostboy

Postby CarlRsT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 am

Exactly lostboy
CarlRsT

Postby CarlRsT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am

Glenda The Dog Shagger wrote:Just thinking out loud here but maybe that 'automatically records all audio data from inside the vehicle' probably isn't going to be such a good idea when your passenger shouts 'Quick, run the brown bastard over'.

It can be switched off :thumbs:
CarlRsT

Postby Hugh Jeers » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

No sense that does make.
Hugh Jeers

Reputation point: -5

Postby Teknobry » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:16 am

I'm definitely in need of something like this, the amount of near miss incidents (and incidents!) I've had since getting a larger van is ridiculous.

D1 quality, isn't that analogue though?
Teknobry

Reputation point: 42

Postby Martyn » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 am

Ive been using Autoguard a app for android phone, But also looking at a standalone unit too.
Martyn

Postby CarlRsT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Yes D1 is analogue, it's currently the highest quality of resolution @ 704 x 480 pixels above this is IP Cameras and HD. It records at 30 fps (real time)

I use mine everyday as I'm driving all over the NW and there's a lot of muppets on the roads
CarlRsT

Postby Lostboy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm on the roads 5 days a week 6-7 hours a day, seen my fair share of muppets usually BMW drivers (nice cars to make up for lack of driving ability) or women, had a close call with a woman in an Aygo or something of that size when she went to turn right off a roundabout then realised she wanted to go straight on, would have hit her in the rear quarter area if i wasnt more alert which would probably have gone down as my fault.

Didn't even play horn hero which I regret lol
Lostboy

Postby CarlRsT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:32 pm

The growing trend is to stop and reverse at roundabouts junctions etc and claim that the car behind hit them
CarlRsT

Postby Teknobry » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 am

How is it the highest quality of resolution when there are higher quality resolution cameras available?

Isn't that like saying 'ignoring all the faster cars, my car is the fastest'?
Teknobry

Reputation point: 42

Postby Lostboy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 am

Yes but no.
Lostboy

Postby CarlRsT » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 am

No because its not the camera that has the resolution it is the recording! The camera is a WDR (wide dynamic range) not sure of the TVL tho will have to find out. The better the TVL the better camera image but then there's alsorts of different camera types like electronic day night true day night. The recording resolution is what quality you get on playback! The better the record resolution the better the playback

So no it's not like you say really
CarlRsT

Next

Return to For Sale