Corsa B for sale...

If you have anything for sale, advertise it here

Moderator: ben306

Corsa B for sale...

Postby Captain Meowmix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Just putting this up for a mate, please do not message me regarding the sale

1993 vauxhall corsa 'b' 1.5TD isuzu engined
110k miles, 12 months mot, no tax

I bought this as a project and cheap running to get my daily off the road so I could do some changes to it, however after doing it up to keep (ie not as cheap as I could have) I find my daily insurance policy won't cover the car (believe it or not, it's not 'performance' enough for them) and I can't swap my insurance over..... not happy..... but I can't justify having another insurance policy running, or hanging onto it until I renew..... so here we are with it for sale

The bodywork, hmm, well I intended to run it 'ratty' so I have just de-rusted and satin blacked where it needed it. It's surprisingly straight and shines up nicely if you're that way inclined. Only real bad bit (apart from the satin black bits) is the drivers rear quarter which has a tiny bit of laquer peel and some micro blistering. I have plated the rear wiper hole but this is also left 'ratty' so would need a finishing skim of filler and paint if you wanted to. The bumpers are metallic grey as the standard bumpers are black plastic, these could be colour coded which was never a factory option in this colour so would look smart. It's frost blue btw

Underneath has had 'sheeeetloads' of work - front chassis legs, rear chassis legs in wheelarches, floorpan, rear of sills rebuilt, rear valance and spare wheel well all sorted. These have all been done right, ie rot cut out and new metal let in so the shell is now very solid and won't require any more attention for a good few years

The interior is a mixture of the standard and sport trim. It has sport seats, doorcards, black door pockets and black carpet and parcel shelf. The dash and sill trims etc are standard dark grey. It has a mutant head unit (not a great spec but it works) and magnat front speakers

It's currently sat on coilovers down about 100mm (I'd guess), and rolling on 16x7 bbs rx (et42) wheels with 165/45 tyres, 20mm spacers on rear, 10mm on front. If you wanted to go lower theres about another 30mm to go on the front and the tyres would tuck nicely as the wheelarch trims are bonded on and fixing bolts removed, the rear would need lower springs though. The coilovers can go with it (or not if you want, I have the standard suspension also) but I'm keeping the wheels - the tyres are negotiable. There is plenty of clearance underneath at this height and the ride is surprising compliant

Just had a service, new rear wheel cylinders and wheel bearings, temp sender, alternator (80 quid) and some other bits and pieces

I've run it on temp insurance for a 12 days and it runs like a swiss watch and is obscenely good on fuel

I also have the stuff to turn up the wick on the turbo (n/a inlet, iveco daily intercooler, all pipework, boost gauge and bleed valve) which is not (never been) fitted and open for negotiation, all you would need to add is a 1.7TD turbo to go for 20odd psi boost (8 standard) and see over 100bhp (59 standard) - apparently up to 120bhp out of these is possible, reliably

Oh yeah, among the list of features it doesn't have are power steering, electric windows, sunroof or aircon

Anyway, price wise I'm not looking to make a profit as to cover the time I'd have to ask twice as much as this, so £600

I'm in huthwaite, notts. Pm me on here if interested, I can't take calls etc at work

Link here to the seller
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sal ... A3600.html
Captain Meowmix

Reputation point: 30

Re: Corsa B for sale...

Postby Kev_Mk3 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 pm

thats rather cool
Kev_Mk3

Reputation point: 5

Postby Lostboy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I was at Alans house a few weeks ago (and a few weeks before that) he flocked a mates dash and he's fucking good at it!

That's where I had been when I put the post up saying I had been near you.
Lostboy

Reputation point: 20

Postby Captain Meowmix » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Ah fair enough!

We may have even drunk from the same mug <3
Captain Meowmix

Reputation point: 30

Postby Lostboy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:49 pm

We probably have, his kettle is groovy and had me hynotised with its blue light.
Lostboy

Reputation point: 20

Return to For Sale