Making that next step....

A place for Jay to post many pictures of empty warehouses as well as other to post pictures and discuss the geekier aspects of photography.

Moderator: ben306

Making that next step....

Postby Jaffa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 am

http://www.dannybeattie.co.uk :tu:

Calling the spelling police and critics.
Jaffa

Reputation point: 10

Postby simon justin nixon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am

Genuinley impressed mate. Really well crafted site, and some excellent photography. :tu: Good luck with it taking off, hope it works for you.
simon justin nixon

Reputation point: 15

Postby Jaffa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 am

4700 hits in 2 weeks aint too bad. I'm just being very sly about posting the link in certain places to get linkbacks and improve my google rankings.

I tell you what though, these past few weeks I've been as busy as ever. Really push yourself at one event/wedding and you'll get booked again off the back of that.
Jaffa

Postby Ian Watkins » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:28 am

Its very good Jaffa.

Spelling Police!

Pricing Page-

Speaches is spelt Speeches
Death to Argentina.
Ian Watkins

Reputation point: 25

Postby Vidal » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 am

Critique from the clique! 1) Head on over to the pricing section for more information. - Make this a hyperlink, I've read it and now I have to find the pricing page link. 2) Using digital DSLR's - by definition it is either a digital SLR or a DSLR. Also there's no possessive apostrophe. 3) Choose me for your wedding or event and you get more than just a photographer. You get personality and someone able and willing to go that extra mile. -- Danny Beattie" - The closing double quotes should be after the word mile. Consider scanning your signature as an image and appending that rather than the plain text, however up to you - just a stylistic point. If using an image though, don't forget the alt tags for those with images turned off. 4) competative - get a dictionary mate! 5)- Evening entertainment. First dance, guests dancing/laughing/drunk etc - some may not want to see that, or be reminded! Why not just put something on the lines of "having a great time" 5) our competitors pricing structures - should have an apostrophe. our competitors' pricing structures 6) within 2 hours. - I work nights - I'm going to test how often you are with a client at 04:30! Why not say within 24 hours, gives you a bit of scope so that you are not tied to your emails. Some of the site doesn't validate - check on http://validator.w3.org/ - run each page through it and see what you can optimise, with so many different browsers on the market, mobiles etc then having standard markup will ensure that your site can be viewed as you intended by the majority of people. An excellent site though - good luck. V.
Dear Godz, I had no idea that there were so many fuckwited, over indulged, pointless, air stealing, mong cunts on any forum in the land.....

J.DOOP wrote:You are such a smarmy know it all cunt sometimes.
Vidal

Reputation point: 0

Postby Jaffa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:56 am

Vidal wrote:Critique from the clique! 1) Head on over to the pricing section for more information. - Make this a hyperlink, I've read it and now I have to find the pricing page link. 2) Using digital DSLR's - by definition it is either a digital SLR or a DSLR. Also there's no possessive apostrophe. 3) Choose me for your wedding or event and you get more than just a photographer. You get personality and someone able and willing to go that extra mile. -- Danny Beattie" - The closing double quotes should be after the word mile. Consider scanning your signature as an image and appending that rather than the plain text, however up to you - just a stylistic point. If using an image though, don't forget the alt tags for those with images turned off. 4) competative - get a dictionary mate! 5)- Evening entertainment. First dance, guests dancing/laughing/drunk etc - some may not want to see that, or be reminded! Why not just put something on the lines of "having a great time" 5) our competitors pricing structures - should have an apostrophe. our competitors' pricing structures 6) within 2 hours. - I work nights - I'm going to test how often you are with a client at 04:30! Why not say within 24 hours, gives you a bit of scope so that you are not tied to your emails. Some of the site doesn't validate - check on http://validator.w3.org/ - run each page through it and see what you can optimise, with so many different browsers on the market, mobiles etc then having standard markup will ensure that your site can be viewed as you intended by the majority of people. An excellent site though - good luck. V.

Uber. Made the corrections, I knew posting here would result in help.

The problem with Validator is, the site I'm using is run by Photium. I have no direct control over actuall coding/formatting etc.
Jaffa

Postby Gaz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

as stated speeches is has been mis-spelt.
Gaz

Postby nath69uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Sentt someone your way today and I believe she has booked?
nath69uk

Postby Jaffa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

nath69uk wrote:Sentt someone your way today and I believe she has booked?

LOL.

"How did you hear about me?"

"Nathan XXX recommended you, said he knows you quite well"

"Huh?"

Something along those lines. Going to see her on Saturday.

Does this mean I have to be nice to you now? :cry:

I owe you a pint, or some cleaning product, or a new dog? :pmsl:
Jaffa

Postby nath69uk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Don't owe me fuck all fella, good luck and I hope she books
nath69uk

Postby Albino-Jay » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm

nice one Jaffa. Hat off to you mate for lkeeping it at it, getting stuck and mainly for having the bottle to take it this far, onto a nice little earner there pal. Well impressed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LM wrote:but when my tripod's fully extended, I can't see the view finder without being on my tip toes
Albino-Jay

Reputation point: 5

Postby Jaffa » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:20 am

Albino-Jay wrote:nice one Jaffa. Hat off to you mate for lkeeping it at it, getting stuck and mainly for having the bottle to take it this far, onto a nice little earner there pal. Well impressed.

Don't even talk to me, the way you've neglected your camera of late insults me. :cry:
Jaffa

Postby Kev_Mk3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:24 am

Ill keep a ear open for people in need of photography Danny :)
[url=http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/bryshagskids/KevG.jpg]Image
[/URL]
Kev_Mk3

Postby Albino-Jay » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Jaffa wrote:Don't even talk to me, the way you've neglected your camera of late insults me. :cry:

:( I still havn't got round to getting a proper lens for it, I'm using some cobbled up old manual shit thats attached with a thread adapter lol it's makes togging a reet pain, they're a twat to focus so until i get enough spare cash t spunk on a lens it's the way it's gonna be im afraid :(

Mrs House car beer golf and fishing costs some serious dohage lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LM wrote:but when my tripod's fully extended, I can't see the view finder without being on my tip toes
Albino-Jay

Postby Hugh Jeers » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Albino-Jay wrote::( I still havn't got round to getting a proper lens for it, I'm using some cobbled up old manual shit thats attached with a thread adapter lol it's makes togging a reet pain, they're a twat to focus so until i get enough spare cash t spunk on a lens it's the way it's gonna be im afraid :(

Mrs House car beer golf and fishing costs some serious dohage lol

Give golf up. It's a good walk spoiled.

Where do you play? I played Haigh Hall but usually do the 9 holer near me..
Hugh Jeers

Reputation point: -5

Next

Return to Photography Discussion