Wedding Help...

A place for Jay to post many pictures of empty warehouses as well as other to post pictures and discuss the geekier aspects of photography.

Moderator: ben306

Wedding Help...

Postby Marcus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Got a friends wedding in a couple of weeks and just trying to get an idea on favourite settings for this sort of event?

Most of the pictures will be outdoor, but some will be in the church and inside at the sit down meal, so just trying to hit the ground running with some settings ideas really 8)

Might see if I can invest in a nifty before the day as well :)
Marcus

Reputation point: 0

Postby simon justin nixon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Mate, it depends on the weather and what sort of shots you are wanting to do. If you're not confident, then I'd personally use auto. last thing you want to do is mess up your mates wedding photos. lol
simon justin nixon

Reputation point: 15

Postby Marcus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

Mike H wrote:Mate, it depends on the weather and what sort of shots you are wanting to do. If you're not confident, then I'd personally use auto. last thing you want to do is mess up your mates wedding photos. lol

I am not the official photographer thank god :pmsl:
Marcus

Postby Jaffa » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

If you're taking an SLR to the wedding then it's pretty much good etiquette to contact the official photographer and let him know that you'll be there with an SLR and you'll be sure not to get in his way.

I've done a fair-share of reading into wedding photography and it's true that people seem to look at the person with the biggest camera... especially at weddings were people don't really know eachother and are unsure who the official photographer is.

At the end of the day, you're going to make the photographers life alot harder and possibly jepordise some of the shots which would have been good due to people looking away etc.
Jaffa

Reputation point: 10

Postby LM » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Jaffa wrote:If you're taking an SLR to the wedding then it's pretty much good etiquette to contact the official photographer and let him know that you'll be there with an SLR and you'll be sure not to get in his way.

+1

I took some candid's at a wedding, the photographer was, to say the least, unhappy.

I'm not sure what camera he had, but mine was bigger/looked more professional, and people were constantly looking at me waiting for the photo, rather than looking at him.
LM

Postby Marcus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:59 pm

LM wrote:+1

I took some candid's at a wedding, the photographer was, to say the least, unhappy.

I'm not sure what camera he had, but mine was bigger/looked more professional, and people were constantly looking at me waiting for the photo, rather than looking at him.

Good point Jaffa/LM :)

Will speak to the photographer on the day :)
Marcus

Return to Photography Discussion