Got some new lenses

A place for Jay to post many pictures of empty warehouses as well as other to post pictures and discuss the geekier aspects of photography.

Moderator: ben306

Got some new lenses

Postby Albino-Jay » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:59 pm

8)

Well really old lenses but meh.

Basically my Grandad has give me all his old photography stuff.

So with my lens dying recently and me being skint as usual. I managed to get an adapter ring to fit his old lenses onto my DSLR. £2.65! Ebay FTW

Now it's a bit of a bitch but I will get used to it. I don't have auto focus obviously, nor can I alter the aperture via my camera. It's all old school, so I have to manually do it all with the lens.

Will get me a bit of practise though I guess and it keeps me occupied i.e. this months comp lol.

Lenses I have are as follows:

f2.8 29mm
f2 58mm
f1.2 44mm
f4 70-220mm

LOLZ

Heres my old lens with some bit in the middle rattling around :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LM wrote:but when my tripod's fully extended, I can't see the view finder without being on my tip toes
Albino-Jay

Reputation point: 5

Postby simon justin nixon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Awesome that he's given you the stuff dude. Manual workings on focus ftl...I'd get maybe 1 good shot per month if that was the case :pmsl:
simon justin nixon

Reputation point: 15

Postby Albino-Jay » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Mike H wrote:Awesome that he's given you the stuff dude. Manual workings on focus ftl...I'd get maybe 1 good shot per month if that was the case :pmsl:

It's not too bad tbh, I did quite a lot of manual focusing on my pics anyway, especially the night shots I've taken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LM wrote:but when my tripod's fully extended, I can't see the view finder without being on my tip toes
Albino-Jay

Reputation point: 5

Postby Hugh Jeers » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Mike H wrote:Awesome that he's given you the stuff dude. Manual workings on focus ftl...I'd get maybe 1 good shot per month if that was the case :pmsl:

Since I got the Pentax SLR, I find I think about manual focus a lot more, and you also think about shots you are going to take, rather than just snapping until you get the right one.
Hugh Jeers

Reputation point: -5

Postby Liss » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

have to manually focus on my 70-300 annoying at first but you do get the hang of it

i want new lenses , but i need to use my camera more anyway lol
Liss

Reputation point: 0

Postby djbolf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:12 pm

f1.2 awesomeness
djbolf

Location: M1 Junction 13 , 25min from pod , 45 mins from Ace cafe.
Reputation point: 0

Return to Photography Discussion