So, you're heading to Bejing...

A place for Jay to post many pictures of empty warehouses as well as other to post pictures and discuss the geekier aspects of photography.

Moderator: ben306

Postby LM » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Sy wrote:They could well be remote flash triggers, but I'm not too sure. Mostly as I can't spot one single flashgun in that mountain of a money pit. :?

Could be remote camera triggers. I know from some pro togs I've spoken too that cover sporting events, that some set up cameras at different points around the stadium and fire them off remotely from their main location. They are usually setup for areas that aren't going to change in distance etc such as goals.

LM ask the guy that posted the picture please, even though he is now in China probably with more important things to worry about :lol:.

Theres a full link to the guy's blog fella, where he talks about getting ready for the olympics & what he normally does etc.

I think you could be spot on with the remote firing possiblity, someone mentioned....that the guy mentioned...that he often leaves a camera(s) in the same place for weeks during the time the games are on.

Heres the link anyway.

I’m not sure there’s an event I ever cover that requires as much advance logistics planning as the Olympics. Travel plans start up to a year before The Games, and from there on you continue to prepare until the games begin.I will discuss how I did my best to prepare for these games in advance, and how I packed all of my equipment for the Olympics—something that took well over a month on its own in the end.
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/olympicpix/archive/2008/08/06/preparing-for-the-biggest-organized-event-of-them-all-the-olympics.aspx
LM

Reputation point: 0

Postby Sy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Vincent Laforet wrote:never being quite sure what you will—or will not be—allowed to do: how many—if any—remote cameras you’ll be allowed to use and where you’ll be permitted to put them

:8)
Sy

Reputation point: 0

Previous

Return to Photography Discussion